BCSP Recertification Quiz Program
Thank you for your interest in BCSP's online quiz program. The online quizzes give you an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge in particular areas of the profession.
The quizzes are based on the technical contents of well-circulated membership organization journals, national consensus standards, and regulations. Look through the
subject areas and quizzes below and click on the link to get more information on the quiz and how to register and take it.
If you hold one or more BCSP professional or paraprofessional credentials, you can earn recertification points by passing an online quiz. The
number of items and the difficulty of the quiz determine the price and the number of recertification points that will be awarded if you pass.
If you do not hold one of these credentials, you still may take these quizzes. However, you will not earn any recertification points or credit towards earning any BCSP credential. Passing these quizzes in no way implies that a person has met any requirement for earning these BCSP credentials or has any status with BCSP.
BCSP is unaware of other organizations awarding any type of credit for our online quizzes.
You may earn recertification points towards any BCSP professional or paraprofessional credentials that you hold:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP®)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP®)
- Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer (CET®)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST®)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST®)
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS®)
- Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC®)
- All quizzes are open book. BCSP recommends that you attempt the quiz with the indicated reference immediately available to you.
- You will have 72 hours from the time you register for a quiz to complete it. However, once you start a quiz, you must complete it within 12 hours and by the
end of the 72-hour period. You may restart a quiz that you have not completed by accessing https://quiz.bcsp.org/ and
logging in with the log in information that will be given to you (and e-mailed to you) after you register for a quiz.
- You may attempt any quiz an unlimited number of times until you pass it. Once you pass a quiz, you will not earn any recertification points if you attempt that quiz again. If you want to
attempt a quiz that you have previously completed but failed, you must pay a new quiz fee.
- If you are a BCSP certificant in good standing and desire recertification credit for passing the quiz, be sure to include your Certification Number (and verify
that it's correct) when prompted for it. This is the number on your wall certificate and wallet card (sometimes called a Serial No.).
- If you are a BCSP certificant in good standing when you pass an online quiz, you will receive all of the recertification points that are awarded for that quiz.
Likewise, you will receive no recertification points for failing a quiz. You will not receive recertification points for passing the same quiz twice.
- If you are not a BCSP certificant in good standing, or if you hold one of the other licenses or certifications listed on the registration screen, you are not
required to include information on your other certifications or licenses, but BCSP would like to know this information so we can tailor future online quiz
categories that are relevant to other practice areas.
When you register and pay for the quiz, you will be permitted to attempt the quiz immediately. You will also be
emailed a receipt for your payment that will include a Username, Access Code, and instructions for taking the
quiz at a later date (subject to the time limits above). Once you complete the quiz, BCSP will email your official
score report to you, and you will immediately be shown your result along with specific information on items you
missed (if any) and the specific references associated with those items. If you are a BCSP credential holder, keep
your passing score reports so you can properly credit your activity at the end of your recertification cycle (this
activity counts in recertification Category 7). You also will need the passing score report if BCSP audits you.